Friday, March 9, 2012

Weekend Retreat

Poolside reads, plus my favorite vintage sunglasses, an itty bitty polka bikini and sunscreen with SPF 110

This weekend promises to be nothing but fun. Later today the S-man and I are packing our bags and driving down to Waikiki for three days of rest and relaxation with his family to celebrate his grandfather's 85th birthday. But my entire weekend won't be spent sipping cocktails by the pool or playing on the beach. On Sunday morning I will be participating in this half marathon, meaning that in addition to bathing suits and sundresses I'll be bringing along my trusty Ascics and lucky running uniform. Here's a look at a few other necessities I already have tucked away in my travel bag.

Moroccan Oil and headbands help keep my unruly hair under control

Metallic footwear works for both day (Flats via Ross) and night (Report Wedges via Ross)

Besides a bikini, I'll be living in relaxed basics like distressed shorts, embellished tops and colorful rompers paired with gold jewelry and straw fedora

And three things I wish I could bring (back to front: Rocko, Batgirl, Kipling)

Does anyone else have exciting plans this weekend? What are some of your essentials for a quick getaway?

No comments:

Post a Comment