Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake with Blueberries


When I woke up this morning, I was greeted by the sounds of even more rain and another dark, cloudy sky. At first I was tempted to whip up a go-to comfort meal for breakfast but instead decided to get a little more creative and utilize the fresh produce I had purchased last week before the weather took a turn for the dreary. I found this recipe on one of my favorite foodie blogs, Joy The Baker, that helped me use up the remaining lemons and blueberries I had on hand. But after reading Joy's review of this lemon cake, I thought why not combine the two, baking the cake according to the first recipe but drenching it in the lemony syrup called for in the second? What resulted was an incredibly moist, dense cake dotted with rich purple berries and poppy seeds that had just the right balance of sweetness and tang. Enjoyed with a big cup of French-pressed coffee, this cake instantly put a light spring in my step and has me happily awaiting the sun-filled days forecasted for the days ahead.









No comments:

Post a Comment