Friday, March 2, 2012

Steppin' Out

Sky-high heels add some much-needed inches to my frame (Colin Stuart Pumps)

It's no secret that I am a major homebody. While others are just getting out on the dance floor at a late-night hot spot, I can most likely be found on my couch sans makeup, hair piled into a messy bun, reading a magazine or catching up on TV shows recorded earlier that week.

Tonight, however, I am making a rare appearance out to celebrate a dear friend's birthday. Being that I hardly ever hit the town past sundown, it goes without saying that I quickly found myself facing a bit of a wardrobe conundrum. But after some counseling with another one of my extremely lovely and sociable friends, I think I may have arrived at the right combination of comfort and chicness appropriate for cocktails at the bar.

And while I may never be a night owl, it's nice stepping out of my comfort zone every now and then to experience something different from my usual routine.


I can't get enough of the ink blot-inspired print of this dress (Rachel Rachel Roy Dress {old})

Detailed view of a zipper that runs all the way down the back

The basic black clutch gets an upgrade thanks to a few studs (Kenneth Cole Clutch via Ross)

A swipe of bright orange lipstick finishes off the look (Revlon 'Orange Flip' Lipstick, Essie 'A Crewed Interest' Nail Polish)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love the final look - you're going to be the talk of the town ;)

    ReplyDelete