Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Roasted Asparagus with Capers & Lemon


One of the surest signs of spring is the arrival of fat, crispy asparagus spears in the grocery store. My routine method for preparing asparagus is simple: roasting in the oven with just a bit of salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice. However, after this trial with kale last week, I wanted to continue stepping out of my cooking comfort zone and find a new recipe for these sturdy green stalks. The one found here wasn't too far from my usual recipe but added just a little something-something extra that took the asparagus to a whole other level of deliciousness. With just the right amount of saltiness and spice, this flavorful side dish even had my veggie-phobic boyfriend willing to give it a taste -- the ultimate thumbs-up in my book of a success.






No comments:

Post a Comment