Wednesday, March 21, 2012

On Display

A decorative plate holds chain bracelets, vintage earrings & a vintage watch

Given my love of jewelry, one would think I'd have an immaculately organized system for storing my precious baubles and bangles. Not the case. Though I have a jewelry box purchased some years ago, I never use it. It seems a shame to hide away my collection of pretty necklaces, earrings and bracelets that are, in themselves, true works of art. After searching for the mate to a pair of earrings for nearly five minutes the other day (after which time I gave up and sped out the door earring-less), I knew it was time to get things in order. It took some time to sort through my hoard, only keeping my most-used pieces and regulating the unworn/dated items to the donation bin, but it was well worth the effort to see everything in its proper place and on full display in my closet.

This green-eyed vintage tiger pin guards assorted rings

Long necklaces hang from a thrifted 'peace' statue, while earrings, bracelets & shorter necklaces rest on a three-tiered cake stand 

Damaged jewelry to fix over the weekend

Some other things that resurfaced during the clean: My collection of reading glasses, an owl belt buckle, vintage pins and belts & a Gucci key ring

No comments:

Post a Comment