Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays (on a Thursday): Baked Kale Chips


Growing up the closest I came to eating something green was the pickle on my cheeseburger. Albeit over the years I've learned to love a wide range of veg -- from asparagus to spinach to bok choy, broccoli and even Brussels sprouts -- sometimes I can get stuck in a rut and rely on the same three veggies week after week. In honor of St. Patty's Day, I decided to go out on a limb and try kale for the first time, using this recipe that calls for only three ingredients. The preparation couldn't have been simpler, and the slightly salty crunch of these baked kale chips is just as satisfying as that of the greasier potato variety, making them my new go-to side dish to pair with soups, sandwiches and, yes, cheeseburgers.


Hawaiian black lava sea salt adds a smokiness to these "chips"



Sprinkled on some nori furikake (seaweed and sesame seeds) for extra flavor


No comments:

Post a Comment