Monday, September 10, 2012

Long Story Short

Victoria's Secret Sweater, F21 Shorts (old), Nine West Heels, Michael Kors Sunglasses (old), Thrifted Scarf & Clutch

After much radio silence on my end, I'm back! To make a long story short, there's been a few major changes in life over the last few months. I was hired at a weekly newspaper in May, meaning I'm back to a 9-to-5, Monday-Friday work week after essentially being my own boss for nearly a year. I began marathon training last month, so now five out of seven days of my week (and my entire weekends) are consumed with training. And, most importantly, I re-prioritized what was really important to me -- where my real passions lay, what I want to be doing for the rest of my life, how I want to be living 10, 20, 50 years down the line.

All of these changes took some getting used to, but the switch was greatly needed. And now that I've taken some much-needed time away to adjust, I feel like this blog will better reflect me as a person and what makes me shine daily.

So, about this outfit ...


I have been on the hunt for the perfect pair of leather shorts for more than a year now. While leather shorts abounded in many stores and at all price points, each pair I'd try on had one thing that wasn't quite right -- they were either too baggy or too tight, the material was too stiff or felt like cheap plastic -- which forced me to leave empty handed time and time again. I had nearly given up when I saw these beauties hidden in one of the racks at Forever 21. My expectations were low stepping into the dressing room, but that all changed as soon as I put them on. The rise, fit and soft faux leather were spot on, and while I had been wanting a pair in matte black, the light brown shade reminds me of fresh caramel. I am happy to say my search is over, and I have no doubt these shorts will quickly become a staple in my fall wardrobe.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment