Monday, September 17, 2012

Black Swan

BCBG Dress (old, similar styles herehere), Saks Fifth Avenue Shoes, Alfani Clutch, Banana Republic Earrings (old)

I love to play dress up, but my day-to-day life hardly warrants anything fancier than a clean pair of pants and a blouse. This past weekend, however, the S-man and I attended a sunset wedding by the beach, which welcomed the perfect excuse for me to pull out one of my favorite cocktail dresses for the occasion. I bought this dress nearly four years ago and from the moment I put it on, I knew it would be a piece that would last me for years. The fitted bodice of black satin that blooms into a fuller skirt reminds me of something a ballerina would wear, and the swaths of fabric at the hips and subtle peplum in the back only add to the feeling of being an elegant swan. Needless to say I did not want the clock to strike midnight and summon the end to the fairy tale.






No comments:

Post a Comment